Become A Member Today
Get the access, information, analysis, and influence you want – without paying consultants’ high fees.
Membership in the US | NZ Council entitles you to personalized service and support – whenever you need it.
Who We Are
The United States |New Zealand Council is the only independent U.S. group dedicated exclusively to advancing the business, strategic, and cultural relationship between the United States and New Zealand. For 25 years, we have promoted strong and vibrant relations between the United States and New Zealand based on shared interests. Today, the US | New Zealand Council presents a refreshed, reinvigorated approach to tackle the challenges of 2015 and beyond.
What We Do
The US|NZ Council pursues policies and programs that further its members’ interests by promoting enhanced bilateral relations and economic growth between the United States and New Zealand. The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement offers a unique opportunity to strengthen ties between the U.S. and New Zealand and to promote our mutual interests in the Asia-Pacific region. The Council provides advocacy for its members on programs and policies which strengthen the economic bilateral relationship between the U.S. and New Zealand.
The Council hosts regular forums that promote an open and honest dialogue between the two countries – recent examples include, a private breakfast with Prime Minister John Key co-sponsored with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and a session with U.S. Ambassador Mark Gilbert on his first day on the job. The Council also co-hosts the Pacific Partnership Forum, which brings together thought leaders from business, government, academia, and non-profit groups for candid, courageous dialogue and renewed collaboration. We are is currently working with the NZUS Council on the 6th Partnership Forum — to be held in Auckland June 30-July 1, 2015.
US – New Zealand relations are the best they’ve been in 30 years. The Council is currently developing new programs in area such as, Science, Technology, Intellectual Property, Energy, Climate Change, Agriculture, Food Safety, Regulatory Issues, Trade, Tourism, and Defense which will become the broader platform for the Council to address the next chapter of US-NZ relations.
What the Council Offers You
The US | New Zealand Council offers its members the opportunity to further their commercial interests by shaping policies and initiatives affecting the relationship between the United States and New Zealand. There are networking opportunities for members to engage with and develop informal and formal relationships with key officials in public and private sectors, including special access to the New Zealand Ambassador and other key NZ and U.S. officials. The Council offers these services through three tiers of membership: (1) Board Membership; (2) Corporate Membership; and (3) Associate Membership.
USNZ Council Membership Tiers
· Voting seat on the Board of Directors;
· Active role in developing policy/advocacy direction of Council and vote on implementation;
· Complementary registrations to the US|NZ Council Pacific Partnership Forums;
· Active role in developing agenda for Partnership Forums and selection of thought leaders featured at the Forums;
· Exclusive access to the New Zealand Ambassador to the United States and key Embassy officials;
· Active involvement and liaison with the New Zealand Embassy in Washington, D.C. and invitation to private embassy events;
· Participation in Council-sponsored private events with key New Zealand officials visiting the United States, as well as top-ranking U.S. officials involved with New Zealand; and
· All membership benefits of a Corporate Member.
· Engagement and participation in a non-voting role with the Board of Directors;
· Complementary registration to US|NZ Council Pacific Partnership Forums;
· Invitation to Council-sponsored events featuring U.S. and New Zealand officials;
· Coordination and utilization of Council policy and advocacy efforts;
· Reciprocal access to the NZUS Council’s network of resources in New Zealand;
· Special access to key officials at the New Zealand Embassy;
· Invitation to private reception with Members of the US|NZ Council Advisory Board and the Ambassador; and
· All membership benefits of an Associate Member.
· Invitation to the US|NZ Council Pacific Partnership Forums;
· Biweekly reports on recent US-New Zealand issues and news;
· Weekly legislative updates through Capitol Intelligence newsletter;
· Participation in sector-specific policy papers and advocacy;
· Assistance with securing appointments for company executives visiting New Zealand and Washington, D.C.;
· Increased visibility for company branding;
· Facilitating meetings with New Zealand Embassy staff; and
· Access to corporate, board, and advisory members of the US|NZ Council.
Please call the US | NZ Council at (202) 638-8601 or send inquires to [email protected]