The United States | New Zealand Council is the only independent U.S. group dedicated exclusively to advancing the business, strategic, and cultural relationship between the United States and New Zealand by:
- Promoting shared interests in trade, investment, economic growth, and security;
- Providing thought leadership on important Asia-Pacific regional matters; and
- Expanding collaboration and understanding in such areas as science and technology,the environment, education, entertainment and the arts.
Advocating for our members’ interests – with US and NZ government officials, business leaders, interest groups, and the media – is integral to our purpose and our success.
The United States | New Zealand Council is committed to the following six principles:
- The continued economic growth and well-being of both nations.
- A shared interest in global security and stability, particularly of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Support for comprehensive free trade and open investment policies, and a transparent, rules-based global trading system.
- Open and honest bilateral communication, especially on the most critical, challenging issues.
- A desire to share knowledge and to learn from each other’s achievements, experiences, and perspectives to solve problems and make life better.
- Understanding and respect for each other’s private sectors, government institutions, political systems, cultures, values, and aspirations.
The US | NZ Council is a non-profit organization under Section 501(c)3 of the U.S. Tax Code.